Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 94

Thread: 2007-08 Basketball

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    2007-08 Basketball

    Well, the 07 football season is over for most teams and will be over for the rest of the Region in a few weeks.

    Basketball season is almost here. I think practice starts for most teams around Nov 12.

    So, some thoughts...

    I know there are a couple of coaching changes for this year, and a few roster changes due to transfers and injuries. Of course, the biggest changes are the new CMD district and the change to Div I and Div II teams.

    If Gate City makes it through the football playoffs injury-free, they should be considered a favorite to contend for the Region D Championship in Div II and possibly a return to the state championship game.

    In the LPD, the loss of Coleman is going to be a big setback for JI Burton who I think would have been considered a strong contender for the Div I title and a return to the Region D playoffs. I think the Raiders are still going to be a very good team, but that's a tough loss to overcome.

    I expect Castlewood to be strong again in the Cumberland District with some new competition from Coeburn. St Paul should have another good team this year. It looks to be a tough year for Twin Springs unless there are some roster changes ahead.

    I haven't heard much about the Black Diamond teams this year.

    On the girls side, expectations are high at JJ Kelly for the Lady Indians to have good year and return to the Region D playoffs. Clintwood should have another good team in the Lady Waves. Looks to be a re-building year for the Gate City Lady Devils.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007-08 Basketball

    Coleman is a big loss, Although he has told me that he may be able to return mid-season, because he is making a very speedy recovery.....but this is only if that continues and with some prayers, a little luck and his strength, that might just happen....I sure hope so, so im going to keep praying

    and we will have Devin Talley playing this year, he is a very good basketball player also

  3. #3
    Inactive Member greenwavefan92's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2004
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007-08 Basketball

    i talked to coleman's mom earlier in the week and she said he wasnt goin to play bball that she wasnt gonna let him because she was gonna make sure he was healed up .... was gonna let him start lifting when he got released but no basketball this yr

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007-08 Basketball

    Even without Coleman, I think JIB is a strong contender in the LPD and Div I basketball picture.

    I think someone said that Forrest Stuart would be back to play for Appy, but I'm not sure.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gchsajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2006
    Posts
    1,118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007-08 Basketball

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cvcgrad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Gate City makes it through the football playoffs injury-free, they should be considered a favorite to contend for the Region D Championship in Div II and possibly a return to the state championship game. </div></div>

    What? Hack and Saylers don't even play football. Haha, JK, Srsly though, knock on wood Cvcgrad.
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007-08 Basketball

    I think that the LPD is going to be wide open from top to bottom. We should be decent with Sproles, Dotson and Co. The Lady Indians should be solid.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007-08 Basketball

    LOL Should be a good year.

    I wonder if GC is going to play in the Arby's Classic again this year.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Djpenguin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What? Hack and Saylers don't even play football. Haha, JK, Srsly though, knock on wood Cvcgrad. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007-08 Basketball

    I think JJK should have a good team too. I don't know who Pound will have playing. Dustin was the anchor on that team the last couple of years.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that the LPD is going to be wide open from top to bottom. We should be decent with Sproles, Dotson and Co. The Lady Indians should be solid. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007-08 Basketball

    PV
    JIB
    CW
    Pound (if they find a guard watch out)
    JJK
    Appy
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007-08 Basketball

    I think Strouth will give us some help with his quickness and athleticism.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •